Sunday, December 22, 2013

Introduction - Brittan Battles

For many of us fishing for trophy catfish isn't only just a hobby. It a passion and can honestly, mold a way of life if you let it. It teaches one to be patient, resilient and always observing. All three of these qualities are key concepts to having any success when chasing these giants. These qualities also translate into everyday life and are great things to possess when looking for success outside of catfishing. My name is Brittan Battles and I am completely obsessed with chasing huge Flathead, Blue and Channel catfish.


 I grew up on a farm and in a small community in rural northwest Ohio. I fished as a kid, maybe not as much as some, but I enjoyed fishing for bass, bluegill and crappie in small local ponds and lakes. I wasn't introduced to the world of catfishing until late May of 2007 by my future (now) father-in-law. I started off spending every weekend at local reservoirs and stocked ponds owned by the many fish and game clubs in the area, just for the first few years. Now residing in the northeastern part of Ohio and I spend most of my time traveling to the best fisheries in the state for whatever species I am targeting, usually Flatheads.


Enough about me, I would like to mention a few of the things that I have implemented that have been keys to my success. When looking for trophy fish, don't be afraid to travel to the best fisheries in the area. It can make a huge difference in setting a personal best every season or going home with no action trip after trip. On average I drive about 70 miles each way to the body of water that I want to fish on that given trip, be a river or a lake. Modern day catfisherman have an edge,and its called the internet. Read, network with other fisherman and plan for success. Through the internet and networking I have met many other catfisherman that strive for success just as I do. Why waste your time? You can actively fish for these beasts. Too many guys just toss out baits in a convenient spot for them or a spot that has produced in the past and expect results every trip. That's not how it works. More on that in the future.
Until next time guys! I am excited to be a part of The Quest For Monster Catfish and I look forward to hearing from some of you. Tight Lines!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post buddy! Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

    ReplyDelete