Sunday, December 31, 2017

A 20 year search for the perfect flathead rod has ended. Warrior Cat Rods XH review teaser.

I have no idea how many different rods I've tried over the last 20 years trying to find the perfect flathead rod. But it has been a ton of them. The Warrior Cat XH has put an end to that search.

The blank is absolutely perfect. Capable of handling any amount of pressure any sane flathead hunter would want to apply. Want to cast a 2 pound bait, no problem. Absolute power in the butt section coupled with the exact right amount of flex for casting, this rod has achieved the highest possible level of usefulness.

Warrior Cat XH lifting 20 pounds!
To get the full measure of this blank, you must try it. The Warrior Cat XH has been a revelation to me. E-glass blank with the stunning silver paint, stainless guides without inserts, grade A cork grips, aluminum reel seat, nice large hook keeper, everything cat fishermen crave is right here. At a reasonable price of $89.99!

Here's the specs for those so inclined
Specifications:
Length- 7'9"
Blank Material- E-Glass
Power- Extra Heavy
Action- Fast
Lure Rating- 4-24oz
Line Rating- 30-80lb
Handle= Grade A Cork
Reel Seat- Aluminum Posi-Lock with Double Locking Nuts
Fore grip- Grade A Cork
Guides- 9+Tip Under wrapped Double footed and braced Chrome Stainless Steel
Large Hook Tether

There will be more written here about this rod. As I continue to use these I will add updates on separate posts. The 20 year search has cost me thousands of dollars and left me with a bunch of rods I'll never use, now that these Warrior Cat XH's are here. I can't wait to put the hammer on a monster with these. The Warrior Cat XH gets my highest recommendation for a big fish/ big bait/ heavy current rod. They will be my only choice when chasing flatheads in the future. Perfection achieved.
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment